Mockingjay Day finally came! Yes, it was an actual holiday for me. I took the day off work and spent it reading, except for a doctor appointment in the afternoon and dinner with friends.
Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O’Malley – I really liked this! It was so funny and the graphics were really great. I’m definitely going to continue in the series and maybe even see the movie. :)
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins – SO GOOD! I was a little worried I wouldn’t like it because a few books that I have been really excited about this summer ended up kind of as duds, but this one didn’t disappoint. I kind of had a hard time getting in to the book at first. Part of that was because I just wanted to know how it ends so I was being impatient. :) But by the first battle scene, I was hooked. I’m not giving away any spoilers, but I will say I laughed, I cried, I cursed Suzanne Collins, lather, rinse, repeat. I am okay with how it ended. I’m really glad I read the first two again before starting this one. After I read some stuff from authors at this year’s Decatur Book Festival and some swap reading, I’m going to pick this back up and read it again!
The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller – Didn’t finish… Haven annoyed me and I realized after 1/4 of the book that I just didn’t care.
The Julian Game by Adele Griffin – This was cute. At times it was predictable and occasionally unpredictable. I liked Raye. The end seemed kind of rushed, but overall it was an enjoyable read.
Lady Macbeth’s Daughter by Lisa Klein – I liked this book. Albia was a very likable strong character. I haven’t read Macbeth, but I know the basic story, so it was interesting to see how the story was woven into the original story.
In My Mailbox
Books Received/Bought: 7
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Borders)
- Will by Maria Boyd (Borders)
- The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey (PBS Game)
- Breathe My Name by R.A. Nelson (PBS Game)
- Sister Wife by Shelley Hrdlitschka (PBS Game)
- Losing It edited by Keith Gray (PBS FIFO)
- The Julian Game by Adele Griffin (Amazon)
Books Mailed: 7
- Kristy and the Dirty Diapers (Babysitters Club) by Ann M. Martin (PBS FIFO)
- Fruits Basket Vol 1 by Natsuki Takaya (PBS FIFO)
- Fruits Basket Vol 2 by Natsuki Takaya (PBS FIFO)
- Fruits Basket Vol 3 by Natsuki Takaya (PBS FIFO)
- The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June by Robin Benway (PBS Game)
- The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (PBS Game)
- The Julian Game by Adele Griffin (PBS Game)