I didn’t do this last week and forgot to do it yesterday, so here’s a two week recap on a Monday! At least there isn’t that much to catch up on. The end of baseball season has been my main focus recently, but now that the Braves are out, I am trying to read more. I do have a sewing project going on right now, too, though so that is taking up lots of my time.
No and Me by Delphine de Vigan – This book is really hard to describe, but I really liked it. Lou was insightful and wise beyond her age, but there were still moments that make you remember how young she is. I warmed up to No as the book went on. Her story was so interesting. I loved the impact she had on Lou and Lou’s family.
Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles – This was alright. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it either. I really felt like the book should have been longer because everything happened too fast and some of the twists (which were interesting) could have used more explanation. There’s another book in the series now, so maybe more is resolved there.
Elixir by Hilary Duff – I will admit that I pretty much only picked this up because of the author. But I was still a bit disappointed. I didn’t really know much about the book, but if I had, I probably would have left it. I’m not going to give it away, but I generally don’t like the type of supernatural that it is.
Tenth Grade Bleeds (Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, Bk 3) by Heather Brewer – Still loving Vlad and friends, though I didn’t like this one quite as much as I loved the first two. Vlad was a bit too whiny and there was less action in this book until the end. But I still love this series and am excited to read the last two in the series!
In My Mailbox
In My Mailbox was created by Kristi over at The Story Siren. Click here to learn more about it.
- Slam by Nick Hornby (PBS FIFO)
- The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (PBS Game)
- Twelfth Grade Kills (Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, Bk 5) by Heather Brewer (Amazon)
- Black Hole Sun by David Macinnis Gill (PBS Game)
- The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, Bk 1) by Rick Riordan (Amazon)
- Beat the Band (Swim the Fly, Bk 2) by Don Calame (PBS Game)
- The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Bk 2) by James Dashner (Amazon)
- How to Be Good by Nick Hornby (PBS FIFO)
- Fly on the Wall by e. Lockhart (PBS FIFO)
- Fire Study (Study, Bk3) by Maria V. Snyder (PBS Game)
- Cake Wrecks by Jen Yates (PBS FIFO)
- No and Me by Delphine de Vigan (PBS Game)
- Rich and Mad by William Nicholson (PBS Game)
- Elixir by Hilary Duff (PBS Game)
- Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles (PBS Game)