This was a crazy week for me! Not only did I have my sister’s dog for the week, but I actually had to go on a business trip in the middle. Luckily my parents are awesome and agreed to spend the night at my place to take care of both dogs. But because of that, I didn’t get as much reading done as I would have liked.
The Red Umbrella by Christina Gonzalez – I LOVED this book. I’ve been fascinated by Cuba since learning about The Bay of Pigs in 6th grade. This book really made me feel like I was there experiencing the changes with Lucia. There were lots of other things I wanted to know about what was going on, but obviously they would have been out of place in this book. But it would have been interesting! :) Christina Gonzalez will be at this year’s Decatur Book Festival.
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins – Obviously not the first time I’ve read it, but I needed to refresh my memory before Mockingjay comes out on Tuesday! I cannot wait!
In My Mailbox
Books Received: 11
- Half-Assed: A Weight Loss Memoir by Jenette Fulda (PBS Game)
- Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O’Malley (Amazon)
- The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (Amazon)
- Exposing the Real Che Guevara and the Useful Idiots Who Idolize Him by Humberto Fontova (Amazon)
- Charmed Life (Chrestomanci #1) by Diana Wynne Jones (Abebooks)
- The Lives of Christopher Chance (Chrestomanci #2) by Diana Wynne Jones (Abebooks)
- Maze of Bones (The 39 Clues #1) by Rick Riordan (Amazon)
- The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (PBS FIFO)
- Princess in the Spotlight (Princess Diaries, Bk 2) by Meg Cabot (PBS FIFO)
- Princess in Love (Princess Diaries, Bk 3) by Meg Cabot (PBS FIFO)
- Princess in Waiting (Princess Diaries, Bk 4) by Meg Cabot (PBS FIFO)
Books Mailed: 5
- Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard (PBS FIFO)
- Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard (PBS FIFO) (yes, I had two copies)
- Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs (PBS Game)
- Sea by Heidi R. Kling (PBS Game)
- Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (PBS Game)